Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Manic Monday

 I love so much to do nothing more than sleep away a Monday. Me and little man have our own "routine" here at home. Meaning, there is no schedule to be kept, no daddy or sister here, just us. Take us out of that element and we seem to start shorting out. Our wires get crossed and things begin to unravel. Don't get me wrong, we love them and treasure each moment we get with them. But weekends make me feel a little out of sorts. I guess that's because there is just so much more going on than I'm used to that it just puts a little strain on me. Stresses me a bit...So by the time Monday gets here, I want nothing more than to cuddle up with shorty and relax. To breathe. And to sleep. But it seems that is the opposite of how my little man feels. He wants to get up and play and run and jump. You know how hard that is? When you want nothing more than to relax and it seems that is not going to happen? Yep, those are usually my Monday's. You'd think I would have caught on to them by now, but do we ever really get used to Monday rolling around?


Here is my photo for Mellow Yellow Monday
MellowYellowBadge



 Meet me on Monday is a little ditty that Java likes to do...and from the looks of it, so many others do as well. Count me in! I like the blog hops, but what I particularly like about this one, you learn something about me from reading it.  I haven't had a blog post that wasn't a "hop" in awhile, and this one is no change. But, since they tell a little bit about me, it kind of isn't just a "hop". I know....((sigh)).... it's cheating......If you'd like to join in, you can do so by visiting here.


1.  How do you order your steak? I rarely ever order steak. But when I do, that's not how I like it. Rare, I mean. I can't eat it when minutes ago it was mooing at the butcher. Blech! Any meat that I consume has to be A}. brown B.} not bleeding and 3.} not mooing or grazing in a pasture.
Well done for me please...but don't burn it!!

2.  Are you superstitious about anything? Shooting stars. If  you are lucky enough to see a shooting star, you must make a wish! Ladders, I try not to walk under them. Not exactly sure it's because I'm superstitious though, more like afraid that the person standing on it won't be there much longer if I choose to walk under a ladder. But seriously, how hard is it to walk around it? And mirrors, if I can prevent from breaking one, consider it done! Again though, not so much superstition steering me from breaking a mirror so much as having to clean up the shards of glass off the floor and out of my feet...so am I superstitious? Nah. Not so much. But this explanation was much more fun than just answering no.

3.  Who is your best friend (not including your spouse)? My kids. Although I absolutely believe in NOT being friends to my children, I spend so much time with them and value and treasure the memories with them. Omitting my children as friends, I would have to say Amanda. It's been a little over a year since I've met Amanda. She always listens to me, doesn't mind if I vent. She is quite daring in the creativity department, which is something I love! I believe her and I are going to be great friends for a great while! I have friends that I have been friends with for years and have kept in touch with across the miles but they don't seem to hold as strong a value as what I've found in Amanda. :)

4.  When is the last time your wore a dress (for the guys...a suit)? I last wore a dress in July. To a friends wedding. I loved the dress...even though I don't particularly like wearing them.

5.  Do you have any trips scheduled? Insert great big, fat I wish ))here((.Our trips tend to consist of going "home" for a few days. And they tend to be quite spontaneous! Not much planning goes into our trips back to Southern Indiana. If we were to plan an actual trip/vacation, I would be through the roof with excitement! But alas, those days haven't been yet. Someday, I will take a trip!
All of this and I just realized.....Today is Tuesday! Time to prepare my Tuesday list, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Awww thanks friend! Feeling is mutual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped by to say Hi,
    I am a new follower and would love it if you would follow me back too.
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas and fun filled new year
    Helen x
    www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...