Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ultimate, favorite things

Did any of you happen to catch Friday's episode of Oprah? Part one of Oprah's ultimate favorite things. She brought in an audience that was filled with people who do for others. Nurses, doctors, humane society workers...etc, etc. Everyone in the audience was going home with every one of her favorite things. WOW! Mark me down for jealous!
Some of her favorites include Elfa Customizable Closet System from the Container Store-Approximate value $1000, 5 year Netflix membership, Long Sleeve Open Placket Cashmere Sweater and Cashmere Cable Throw by Ralph Lauren-Approximate value: $498 for the sweater; $595 for the throw, Lafco House and Home Collection Candle Set-Approximate value: $55 each (everyone took home the entire collection! 18 of them!), Nike "Free Run+" Shoes-Approximate value: $85 each (4 pairs each), Sony BRAVIA LX900 HDTV with 3D-Approximate value: $3,600, and let us not forget the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas Cruise! This is only a handful of things!
So after watching this I began thinking, what is on your wish list? And I mean, something that in reality you will probably never receive. Something that is just that...a wish, a dream. I'm actually still thinking about what I would wish for (I try to keep my head out of the clouds, so it's hard to put it in them now!)

I can't wait to tune into the part two of Oprah's ultimate, favorite things!

My list:
  • A house of my own, built to our own quirky specifications (We like odd different things)
  • To be able to see our daughters in WA. (It's been 2 years since we've seen them)
  • A stay at the Nickelodeon Hotel in Orlando
  • NIkon camera (with a side of Ashton Kutcher please!) 
  • Dell laptop (I'll take red please!)
  • 2011 Chevy Silverado Hybrid

5 comments:

  1. i'm probably not in a great frame of mind at the moment to answer this...but right now ALL i want, truly, is to get married and get OUT of this house, so that maybe a's family can start seeing me for ME again instead of the weird dynamic we have going now :(

    and after that, i want a kitchenaid mixer, red.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, since you said things I'm assuming you're talking about material things. I would have to say then that I would like a Lexus SUV. They're so cool but I will never have one.
    If you're speaking about non-material things, I would say that I would want to not be allergic to dogs, I would want a sister or brother, and most importantly, I would want my parents back.
    Now I'm waiting for yours, V :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a Kitchenaid Mixer. :)

    My list would be way beyond what Oprah could give away. I would be dangerous if I was rich.

    I didn't catch the first half (might try to find it online) but from the previews on the second half, it looks as though she gives away a vehicle with that big box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your list...
    I really need to build my own house too. Daily I find things that I would do to my house and make it work for 'us'. We would have to live in it forever though because no one would like some of my quirky things.
    Never seen the Nickelodeon Hotel; I'm gonna research it.
    My Hubby would love the new truck.
    Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get me wrong...I adore my house...but if I could build a new one, I'd have a HUGE kitchen, and laundry room. My laundry room would consist of MANY built-ins, so that all laundry would get put away in there.

    I'd love to have someone detail my vehicle every week. It's always a wreck.

    And I'd have a house keeper.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...