Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Effects of society on generations

I recently read a facebook status that read "Some people blame the generation, have they ever stopped to think, who raised us???"-Author Unknown

There have been many controversial comments posted in response to it. Since reading my mind keeps going back to it. It is my opinion that society plays a major roll on how each generation has come to be. You're always going to have those that will rebel and not have respect for other people. But from my view, as time goes on, each generation seems to be lacking care & respect for others in general. That is not saying that each individual is disrespectful and doesn't care about anyone else. I believe children are given tools and guidance from their parents, teachers, grandparents, aunts & uncles, etc, etc. It is up to that individual to choose how to use those tools. Or whether or not they will use them at all.

Parent's can no longer effectively discipline children without fear of hasty remarks from someone or having child protective services called to their home.
Does this mean I think it is okay to hit a child? ABSOLUTELY not! And I also am not saying that raising your voice or spanking is the only way to get through to a child. However, if asked, my children will tell you that I will use a stern voice or on occasion they will be spanked.

Do not withhold discipline from a child;
if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
Punish them with the rod
and save them from death.
-Proverbs 23:13-14

So if you're reading, please tell me...do you think society has played a part in how the generations have been brought up?


***Please note that I in no way think that the younger generations are "bad" generations.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...