Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Christmas, not X-mas...

...or so I always believed. Tonight I came across a web page (I closed it before I could link it here) that explained that the abbreviation of Christmas to X-mas may have actually derived because the western ‘X’ is equivalent to ‘chi’, the first letter of Christ’s name, and a holy symbol, in Greek. I don't know how or if that holds any truth. But I won't feel so irritated if I see it this way. I read many things this evening that I could contemplate and argue, but I'd rather not wind up feeling confused or upsetting any readers.

I'm not sure if it is due to the fact that I completely lost all of my photographs in previous postings or if I'm just feeling a little nostalgic this evening, but here are a few Christmas photo's that I hold dear to my heart. ♥

Camden-2years old

Camden-6 years old, Kainan days old

Kainan-4 weeks old

Kainan-2 years old

And here are some photo's of a little bit of our decorating this year. I have been wanting to try making a "rag" garland and decided this was the time for me to try it out. I like how it turned out, despite my numb and aching fingers. What do you think?
I let Camden put the artificial tree up this year. She put all the pieces together. If you look closely you can see that she misplaced some of the branches. :) But I left it. The kids, one short one in particular, kept adding ornaments to the bottom of the tree in the same spot, but I left it.





"Rag" Garland I made
Closer detail
Finished product






1 comment:

  1. I've always said that too, don't take Christ out of Christmas. I might research that chi thing though.

    Looks like they had fun decorating. The rag garland is really cute. Would be neat to do a whole 'homemade' tree like that.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...