Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful-Day 1

I know everyone has been posting the things that they are thankful for during the month of November. And I probably should have done the same. Truth is, I would have been so burnt out on doing it by the time Thanksgiving was actually here. Not to mention, I try to remind myself of the wonderful things I have in my life every day. Which to me, is the same thing as showing myself  that I've got many reasons to be thankful. Only difference I guess now is that I'm publicly posting about it.
Today I am thankful that I have a warm, dry place to call home. With the many times we have moved in the previous years and everything we have been through, it could have easily had a different result. The economy was horrible and neither me nor Jim could obtain a job. It was not easy. It was hard to chew on the fact that we didn't know what the next day was going to bring. But God never let us down. And we are now at a place where we will probably stay for many years. I am so grateful! And even though I am several hours from family, we are happy here. And I feel like this is where we belong...at least for now.

2 comments:

  1. I too like this.
    I also know where you are coming from. When Hubby wasn't working for that year it was our friends (that are like family) that helped to keep a roof over our head and made sure we were all good. We struggled with most things, but we knew we would always have a house. When we moved earlier this year it was to a bigger, better place. It's not 'ours', but owned by family. I like it here even though we are far away from family too. We will probably be here a few years too until we can afford to build/buy our own place. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...