Friday, October 15, 2010

Fridays Fave Five

I try to post my fave fives every week, but well, let's face it. We all can't be perfect! If you don't know about Friday's fave fives, you can read & learn more about it here.

My number one fave five this week is going to have to be my health. I suppose it sounds a little odd to say my health is a favorite of mine. But if you look a little deeper into that statement, it completely makes sense. I am so grateful that I have never had any major health issues. No operations, minor or major. No broken bones or fractures. No drugs or addictions. And while I know I'd be a lot better off if I'd lose weight, for the most part, I'm healthy.

2. Freedom. I can't even watch a military video anymore without crying. I am so thankful of each and every military personnel for the sacrifices they make for their country. The commitment they give is so admirable.

3. Friendship. I'm going to try and make this description as UN vague as I possibly can. Everyone loves a good friendship but I'm talking of a specific friendship. And if you're reading this you'll know who you are. ;) At the beginning of the year, I met a lady with young children. I didn't really think we clicked. IT {whatever IT is} just wasn't there. So I talked to her when I saw her but didn't go out of my way to speak to her or ask her how her day was. I waited for her to ask me. [I know, how unfriendly of me!!]  She was just...different. But it wasn't just me. No one really went out of their way to get to know her. And as the months grew on, I began recognizing and teaching myself that I wasn't being fair. I fell into that hypocritical "clique" that just didn't care either way. No one gave her a chance! And now that I've gotten to know her [got to know her?? how is that correctly phrased??], She is a great person. And I'm happy to say she IS my friend! But, I still don't care either way. Except now, I don't care what anyone may think about it. Which brings me to my third fave....

3. My defensiveness...or...I just don't care anymore attitude. Not to be taken the wrong way. I do care what people think of me and my family. Who doesn't? I used to be the kind of person that sat back and didn't speak up if I was offended. But something inside of me changed. Maybe I just finally grew up. :) I will defend myself and my family and my beliefs. There is no reason for me to sit back and let a person think they are holier than thou. They get my two cents. Each and every time.

4.. Knowing Camden is doing better and understanding math a little better now. Seeing the look on her face....adorable!!!

5. These pictures of Kainan.









2 comments:

  1. Love your photos, especially the ones of Kainan looking in the mirror! Stopping by from Boost My Blog and now following.

    Susan
    www.cravingthesavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Cammi is doin better in Math....Love the pics of Kainan, he's so cute...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...