Sunday, August 15, 2010

Miscellaneous information post

Warning!! This post is filled with mindless, useless and unwanted information, also known as my thoughts. That being said, here it is.

I upgraded my picnic account...finally...as many times as I've spontaneously upgraded the smallest, one month, $4.95 a month package, I could have had a one year account easy! Maybe even twice. I use it so often though, that I am glad I did. And I printed some pictures today through Walgreens, even though I prefer to use a different store. I've had to argue with Walgreens about copyright and my pictures do not have copyright protection...and even if they did, THEY'RE MY PICTURES!! But whatever, I had 25 free prints through them and I used them up. :)

A dear friend of mine was married last month...this is the gift I made for them.




I had the photos printed individually and edited them all to sepia tone. I found a deep brown frame with matting and {viola}, instant wedding gift! Although, I do have to say, it took some time to find pictures that I was happy with.
I also have 25 free prints through a different site and will be happy when I can get them ordered and shipped. I have so much catching up to do on my scrap books! Hence the reason for the sudden photo printing! But, opening accounts at the various stores that offer online photo uploading and printing, I can often get prints for free! FREE is good! Especially on the mementos that document the precious candids of my children.

Speaking of scrap books, here are a few shots of my favorite pages. Again, be warned! I have not taken any classes, so they aren't perfect pages. Although, I think it is the unperfect pages that make a page perfect! :)






****** It really, really bothers me that I was unable to perfectly crop out the carpet in the background of these pictures! Some days I swear I have OCD tendencies!!

This next piece of info isn't useless...but it makes me VERY happy! My brother, that I couldn't live without, is home from deployment! Africa this time! I couldn't ask for a better role model! You can't pick your siblings, but even if I could, I wouldn't have picked any other person to be my older brother! He has always done what he had to to make sure I knew he was always and will always be here for me! So don't mess with me, I have an older brother that would gladly kick yer butt! :) Okay, I'm not a violent person, so chances are, if you messed with me you wouldn't get your butt kicked...BUT he would make sure it didn't happen again. I wouldn't change any of my siblings if I could. So if any of you are reading this, don't fret, I love you! <3

I had a great weekend with my family and girl friends. And then even still got a lot accomplished around the house today!
If I'm not mistaken, I think that is the entirety of my ramblings tonight...well, the useless ones, anyway!
Peace Out!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for upgrading Picnik! I love it. You should try the layering thing now (to add textures), you would get sucked in. Although recently I have been having major issues with Picnik with uploading and saving and it's been making me crazy so I haven't been using it.

    Reading stuff like this, makes me wish once again that we lived closer together. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having issues with Picnik not being able to save my pictures into their history. But I'm usually okay with that as I normally edit the picture to my content and then close it when there's not many options left to change it. :) Jim doesn't like the way I edit my pictures. I love the grainy effect, gritty, I think they call it. He hates it! Haha, good thing they're not HIS pictures!
    Yes, living closer would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, even if they aren't in agreement with my thoughts, but please, be respectful! Thanks for reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...